The smell of apples roasting in the oven, oozing in the caramelised sugars, sprinkled with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg is nothing less than divine. The apples, when rosy red and sweet and served with a dollop of whipped cream or as it is make for a tasty Apple Crisp.
This delectable sweet addition is something that will keep everyone going during the day, be it for an after-run energy boost or a pick-me-up with coffee or just a little sweet after lunch. Apple Crisp is packed with the goodness of apples and oats.
This is one of those quick sweet recipes which is high on taste and can be cooked in a jiffy. This is a dessert, snack, all-day munchie clubbed into one simple dish.
– 8 Apples; peeled, cored and sliced
– 1 1/2 cups Brown sugar
–1 cup Flour
–1 cup Oats
–1 teaspoon Cinnamon
–1 teaspoon Nutmeg
–1/2 cup Cold butter
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Lightly grease a 13×9 glass pan
3. Cut fruit into slices (removing pit or seeds) and layer in bottom of pan
4. Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and then cut in butter with a pastry cutter (cut until crumbly). Sprinkle mixture over fruit
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top browns.
6. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or just as it is.